Commonly used method to distinguish bar code types
There are about one hundred types of bar codes commonly used and not commonly used in the world.
Commonly used bar codes refer to EAN-13 Code, UPC-A Code, code-128 code, code-39 code, EAN/UCC-128 code, ITF-14 code and so on in many countries or regions in the world, while the less commonly used bar codes may only be used in some countries or regions, or in a certain industry. It's relatively rare. So if we have made a good bar code how do we distinguish the type of bar code? The following describes the information about several common bar codes.
1. EAN-13 yards. Belongs to the commodity bar code, universal, the supported character set is 0-9 digits, the encoding length is 13 bits, there are grooves.
2. UPC-A code. The same is the commodity bar code, mainly used in the United States and Canada, the supported character set is 0-9 digits, the encoding length is 12 bits, with grooves.
3. Code-128. One of the most commonly used barcodes, representing a total of 128 characters (including numbers, letters, and symbols) from ASCII 0 to ASCII 127. The code length is usually theoretically unlimited. There are three subsets of Code128: code A, code B, and code C.
4. EAN/UCC-128 yards. The supported character set is full ASCII code with no theoretical limit on the encoding length. It is the standard of EAN/UCC system and is mainly used to identify logistics units, including the application identifier AI. The same code can contain multiple application identifiers AI.
5. Code39. A maximum of 26 uppercase letters (A-Z), 10 digits (0-9), connection numbers (-), Spaces, and periods (.) are supported. , asterisk (*), plus sign (+), slash (/), percent sign (%) and dollar sign ($), a total of 43 characters, can code any length of data, Code39 code is used for logistics tracking, production line process and other aspects.
6. ITF14 yards. It is a kind of barcode with the supported character set of 0-9 digits and a fixed length of 14 digits. It is mainly used for the storage, transportation and wholesale of commodities. It is a kind of barcode that should be selected when printing EAN-13 and UPC-A barcode is not allowed due to poor printing conditions.
The above is the distinction of several common bar code types, because now the bar code software function is increasingly powerful, the naked eye may not be able to judge the type of bar code, so if you need to judge the type of bar code can use some bar code identification software or website to identify the barcode data and type.